We're a 5 year-old company with 15 all-star developers + 1 lead designer (Tom) and some really great clients building first-of-their-breed rich web applications. But, we lack a strong design presence that is so critical where we operate.
We're not looking to recruit someone for a temporary transitional job. We're trying to find someone who wants to help us build a world-class design / development shop and wants to make the best apps on the outside and the inside. We're growing our design team and taking on more projects that need both great design and expert development.
This is a dream job for an excellent, motivated designer for three reasons:
- Our excellence in front end development. We have a strong competitive advantage with our technology stack. Our stuff, technologically speaking, is the best.
- Our clients are top brand names building impressive and complex applications. You'll always be challenged.
- Work from home and design awesome apps every day.
We don’t do sales and don’t buy advertisements. Instead, we do things like:
- Speak at, and sponsor conferences [JSConf, jQueryConf, BrazilJS]
- Open Source everything
Bitovi wants to make the web an easy and enjoyable place to develop kick ass apps.
Bitovi is a small company. Everyone needs to be responsible for everything (except for accounting). Your responsibilities will be some mix of the following roles:
- Providing design expertise and mockups for various client projects.
- Designing sites for new Bitovi open source projects.
- Designing new applications the team dreams up.
- Working on one of our Open Source products.
- Competitive pay. (Have any requirements in mind? Specify in your cover letter)
- Benefits plan: Health/dental insurance; gym membership reimbursement; 4 weeks paid vacation.
- Work from home, extremely flexible hours.
- The perfect amount of travel (about 1 to 2 weeks every 3 months).
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work with intelligent, talented and innovative folks.
- Freedom to develop your ideas, a platform to realize them.
You are designing experiences whether you're at work or not. You are constantly seeing areas where user experience could be better: doors open the wrong way, buttons should be bigger, check-out lines could be re-organized. Simply put, user experience design is a lifestyle and not just a job.
You enjoy spending your time drawing wireframes, detailed mock-ups in Photoshop, and HTML prototypes. You may or may not have redesigned a website or mobile app for your favorite brand, just for fun.
An extremely smart and articulate user interface expert. We'd also like you to have experience with front end web technology such as:
- Mobile and web application design
- HTML, CSS, and Less
But, we care much more about passion! You should have strong, well-formed opinions on things like:
- Good design practices and patterns
- The future of web development
- Skeuomorphism and flat design
We'd also like you be able to:
- have a beer with one of our clients.
- self manage and organize in a fast-paced development environment.
Please email us a link to a portfolio of work, a resume, and a thoughtful cover letter that outlines **three reasons** why you are someone we should interview, focusing on how your past work experience has prepared you for this kind of position.
E‐mail Tom Greever, Creative Director: firstname.lastname@example.org