Podovi Bitcast 1 - What's Happening
In one year, Bitovi has grown from 3 to 11 people. More JS hotness is happening faster. It can be hard to keep up. To help disseminate information about our open source projects faster, we’re starting a monthly podcast, the Podivi Bitcast, that will cover what’s new and our future plans. Our plan is for our podcasts to be technical in nature. You should learn to build something new and cool.
For those with limited time, here’s a summary of what’s in the video. Click a timestamp to update the embedded timestamp’s position.
Bitovi Rebranding and Direction 0:56
- Bitovi means bit as in byte and ovi as in egg. We hatch software!
- Goal is to create exceptional software that is new/cutting edge.
- Sub goal is to make our technology easier to use.
- CanJS - MVC parts
- jQuery++ - jQuery DOM extensions
- CanUI - Low-level UI toolkit
- Steal - Dependency Management and build tools
- FuncUnit - Testing framework
- DocumentJS - Documentation Engine
- CanJS’s goal - be the best! Lighter, faster, richer, safer, library-er.
- The Getting Started With CanJS Video 4:40
- CanJS’s recipes page 6:10
- can.compute 12:24
- can.fixture 18:24
- can.route push state 19:40
- handlebars/mustache templates 26:49
- Animate 31:30
- Range 35:14
- Drag / Drop 38:05
- Fast Fix 39:10
- Resize 45:37
- Purpose of jQuery++ - to be jQuery’s missing DOM helpers 50:10